Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Red Shoes


I bought this book because I had little red shoes just like the ones on the cover.I also bought this book as I am a serial cook book buyer.Tessa Kiros " Apples for Jam" is now my all time favourite family cookery book.I was thrilled to discover she grew up in South Africa and I regulary make her Tomato sauce for pasta, fish pie, and because we do not eat red meat,have adapted her Lamb and Green bean stew ,using Ostrich.I also make the Bolognese sauce substituting the beef mince with ostrich !

Recently we had dinner with friends and met a couple who had just arrived in Cape Town after living in London.I got chatting to Mr M and the subject turned to cooking.Of course I mention my favourite Cookbook and Tessa Kiros and he says,..."Tessa ...I have known her for years,she grew up with me in Johannesburg".He went on to say he would call her and tell her she has a fan in Cape Town and promised that if she visits SA ,I will meet her. I am tickled pink! I am waiting Tessa !!

2 comments:

  1. I had a pair of red shoes just like them too ! How lovely, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love these little red shoes!! doesn't it just make you want to go back in time and be a little girl again! you can almost smell the age on them:)) great article!

    ReplyDelete