Thursday, October 21, 2010

Queen of Cakes



Last Monday evening I spent 3 hours at the home of an extraordinary girl . Roxanne Floquet ,in her sugar pink chef's jacket,  showed us how to make the most delicate,dainty and simply beautiful sugar roses. Her wedding cakes are works of art and the sugar piped cookies and petit fours would have made Marie weep with delight !



I rolled and smoothed the little icing petals of my pink rose ,managing to secure it to the icing cone ,slowly building ,petal by petal ,my first attempt !It would take me years to even come close to the perfect ,sweet creations that decorate Roxanne's cakes .I am in awe !!





2 comments:

  1. These cakes and pastries are so gorgeous they look like paintings! I've never seen anything like this and this beautiful in any shop anywhere. What amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are such gorgeous cakes! Thanks for sharing, Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete